Welcome to Buffalo Wingin' It

Welcome to the women's basketball blog! This blog will be your one stop shop for game highlights, team & individual updates, coach's thoughts, and much more.


*COMMITMENT*EXCELLENCE*PRIDE*PERSEVERANCE*PASSION*

Monday, September 26, 2011

Nicki's Internship with the Bisons

"This summer I had the privilege of working for the Buffalo Bisons, the triple A affiliate of the New York Mets. As a marketing and promotions intern, I had a wide variety of responsibilities. During the pregame, we organized and lined up first pitches and ceremonies. Then, during the g ame the other interns and I selected people from the crowd to participate in promotions in the stands or on the field throughout the game. We also pumped up the crowd during inning breaks with t-shirt tosses and dugout dances. Let's just say we had to break out of our shells a little.
My experience this summer also involved a lot of behind the scenes work. I went into the office to get things prepared for every game. Some of my office responsibilities included creating game scripts for the press box, which showed what order and which inning break promotions and ads would run, along with putting the PA book together for the announcer, which included the reads for these events. I created several pregame, in-game, and post-game reads for this book and for the announcer. On top of all this, I called and scheduled the National Anthem singers. I had several other little responsibilites as well. Overall, my internship experience was amazing, where I learned a lot, made numerous connections, and made many friends. I am so happy I got to be a part of the Bisons organization this summer.
....O and did I mention I was a mascot sometimes too??" ~ Nicki # 5