Welcome to Buffalo Wingin' It

Welcome to the women's basketball blog! This blog will be your one stop shop for game highlights, team & individual updates, coach's thoughts, and much more.


*COMMITMENT*EXCELLENCE*PRIDE*PERSEVERANCE*PASSION*

Friday, November 18, 2011

Kash's First Couple of Months of College...

Hey everyone,


My name is Kasheema Besley. I am 18 years old and I am a freshman student athlete here atthe University at Buffalo. I play point guard on the women's basketball team. Getting the chance to play at Division 1 level is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. There are a lot of people my age who don't get the chance to do so. So being here is still a little surreal for me.

College has really been what I expected and much more. College is not as crazy and hectic as I thought it would actually be. Coming from high school, I knew UB was going to be tough and a lot of hard work so I came in with the mentality to just focus really hard on my school work first and basketball second.

Homework, homework, and more homework. That is all I do now besides basketball of course. But I enjoy playing basketball so it doesn't phase me. However, homework is something I don't like to do and I have a lot of it. At the beginning of the school year, it was easy to manage studying and basketball because we were in pre-season with only a few workouts. Now that we are in season, it is much more difficult to get homework done, study, and most importantly, sleep! The biggest thing for me is time management. I try to space out my day so I have time to study either before or after practice so I get in bed at reasonable hour. College, minus the homework, has been exciting. I'm looking forward to traveling for games all across the country!

Sincerely,

Kasheema Besley #3